Drugs & Medications - Aphthasol mucous membrane
Aphthasol mucous membrane
Aphthasol mucous membrane Warnings
Aphthasol mucous membrane Uses
This medication is used to treat mouth (canker) sores. Canker sores usually heal on their own after 7 to 10 days. This medication helps the sore heal faster so that you can eat/speak more comfortably.How to use Aphthasol mucous membrane
Use this medication in the mouth only. Use it as soon as you notice a canker sore forming, usually 4 times daily or as directed by your doctor. Use this medication until the sore heals.
The best time to apply the medication is after brushing/flossing after meals and at bedtime. Wash your hands before applying the medication. Dry the canker sore by patting gently with a soft, clean cloth. Wet the tip of your index finger with a little water, and squeeze a pea-sized amount of the medication onto the fingertip. Gently dab the medication onto the sore. Repeat these steps if you have more than 1 canker sore. Wash your hands after using.
Do not to get the medication in the eyes. If you do get the medication in the eyes, flush with plenty of water.
Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same times each day.
Tell your doctor/dentist if your condition worsens or does not improve greatly after 10 days.
Aphthasol mucous membrane Side Effects
Temporary pain, stinging, or burning at the application site may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor/dentist has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Tell your doctor/dentist right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: increased mouth sores, nausea, diarrhea.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
In the US -
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
In Canada - Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to Health Canada at 1-866-234-2345.
Aphthasol mucous membrane Precautions
Before using amlexanox, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: immune system problems.
Avoid alcohol and nicotine because these products can irritate the sores.
During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
It is not known whether this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Aphthasol mucous membrane Interactions
Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use.
Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
Aphthasol mucous membrane Overdose
If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: diarrhea, vomiting.NOTES:
Do not share this medication with others.
To help heal mouth sores, drink plenty of fluids, practice good oral hygiene (e.g., brushing and flossing regularly), and avoid irritating/acidic foods like citrus fruits and juices (e.g., grapefruit, orange, lemon), tomatoes, and spicy/salty foods. Eat foods cold or at room temperature. Warmer foods might irritate your mouth and throat.MISSED DOSE:
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.STORAGE:
Store at room temperature between 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C). Keep all medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Information last revised July 2016. Copyright(c) 2016 First Databank, Inc.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.FDA.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
IMPORTANT: About User Reviews on RxList
RxList is part of the WebMD Health Network. The opinions expressed in the WebMD User Reviews are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training, and do not represent the opinions of WebMD. These member reviews have not been reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other purpose except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about uses of the drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
WebMD User Reviews should not be considered as medical advice and are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences may be a helpful health information resource but they are never a substitute for professional medical advice from a qualified healthcare provider.